Toronto Oracle Users Group Meeting
||Regional User Group Events
||Toronto Oracle Users Group Meeting
||Alex Johnson [IOUG]
||Oct 17, 2017 08:30 AM America/Eastern
||Oct 17, 2017 06:00 PM America/Eastern
||We are planning another RAC Attack all day workshop in the downtown Oracle Toronto Office. Our sponsor, Eclipsys Solutions Inc., will be providing breakfast and lunch.
You will need a laptop and some software - TOUG group will provide more details of the hardware requirements and how to obtain the software in the near future via their Meetup site.
The workshop will follow the RAC Attack WIKI and will cover the following:
• Prepare Host (install VirtualBox/VMware Server)
• Install Linux
• Create Cluster
• Install Grid Infrastructure
• Install Database Software
• Create Database
Feel free to check out the WIKI ahead of time.
Minimum Laptop Hardware Requirements:
• 8 GB of memory (minimum - more is better)
• 40 GB of free space (70 GB based on my personal experience)
• A 64 bit operating system - Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 10, OS X 10.8 or later, Linux (Ubuntu, Fedora, Red Hat, etc)
Please note that if you have a corporate laptop, you will need local admin privileges in order to install the VM software.
Also please note that your contact information will 1) be required to get into the building (a security requirement) and 2) be shared with Eclipsys and Oracle. This requires that you register in advance.
Please note that we have, at this time, a limit of 35 people for this workshop. We look forward to seeing you October 17th!
||Oracle Offices, 277 Front St W, Toronto, ON M5V 2X4, Canada