More Information about Spatial Summit Submissions
To submit your abstract, ensure you have an IOUG membership ID (click here to join as an IOUG Associate for free!), then click here, select a track, fill out the form. When selecting a speaker, you may find people under company "IOUG Associate".
We welcome all abstracts for technical and/or business case studies highlighting Oracle’s spatial and mapping technologies. Presentations that highlight the following content will be given highest priority for acceptance:
Technical information, especially live demonstrations and/or “how-to’s” that illustrate in detail, with code samples as appropriate, how Oracle Spatial and Graph and/or Oracle Fusion Middleware MapViewer solved a specific technical problem of interest to a broad number of users.
- Applications in government, defense, utilities, transportation, energy, telco, finance, retail and insurance
- Big Data and Geospatial Databases
- Business Intelligence
- Open Source Geospatial Applications
- Mobile and Location-Based Services
- Security of Spatial Data
- Geospatial Cloud Computing
- Scaling High-Volumes of Spatial Computations/Parallel Processing
Innovative uses of the following Oracle technologies:
Oracle Spatial and Graph
- Vector performance acceleration
- Geocoding and routing
- 3D, LIDAR, and TINs
- GeoRaster - raster and gridded data
- Network Data Model graph (multimodal routing, feature modeling)
- Spatial web services
- Topology data models
Oracle Fusion Middleware MapViewer 12c (12.1.3)
- Web-based editing
- OGR/GDAL support for 3rd party data sources
Oracle Big Data Spatial and Graph
Oracle Business Intelligence Suite (OBIEE), Oracle Event Processing, Development Tools (eg APEX, SQL Developer), Oracle Applications
Production deployments on Oracle Database 12c or Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c
Integration with leading partner geospatial tools and business applications
In your abstract, provide a concise summary of your presentation. You are encouraged to note keywords from the guidelines above, as appropriate.
- A brief description of the business and/or technical problem faced by your organization, industry context (if applicable), and how Oracle technologies were used to solve the problem
- Benefits realized from the solution (e.g., cost/labor/time savings, improved business processes/customer service, overall ROI improvements)
- Oracle products and/or technologies used (specifics regarding features used and version numbers)
- When you submit, please select the "Spatial and Graph" track in the dropdown menu.
To submit your abstract, click here, select a track, and fill out the form.
- Presentations must be noncommerical.
- Sales promotions for products or services disguised as proposals will be eliminated.
- Speakers whose abstracts are accepted will be given a complimentary registration to the conference. (Any additional co-presenters must register for the event seperately and provide appropriate registration fees. It is up to the co-presenters' discrection which presenter to designate for the complimentary registration.)
Good luck, and we hope to see you at BIWA Summit!