Original Broadcast: June 25th 2015
The SPARC SuperCluster M7 platform is radically changing the game in terms of capacity, performance and development speed, and leading the “software in silicon” charge, but how do these innovations affect Oracle Database professionals, and how could you benefit from understanding them better? Whether you’re already using the M7 platform, trying to find ways to address exploding data growth and analytical needs, or just trying to stay up to date on your technical know-how, understanding the architecture of the SPARC M7 is of critical importance.
During this informative deep-dive, you’ll learn how Oracle fundamentally redesigned the SPARC processor micro-architecture to deliver features for key enterprise run times, including:
• Security features like Application Data Integrity (ADI)
• Performance accelerators like 10x more CPU throughput and 3x higher usable memory (will this cover the in-memory query engines?)
• Efficiencies that allow for transactional processing executing up to 32 query operations at once
• Up to 3x the data in the same memory with in line data compression
During the session, you’ll see examples of what the Software in Silicon Cloud environment looks like. Additionally, you’ll receive information after the session on how to begin accessing this technology to test your code today.
After attending this session, you’ll walk away with:
- An understanding of how SPARC architecture impacts your day to day activities
- Access to the downloadable code to begin testing
Featured Speaker: Arun Singh, Oracle