Welcome to the North American Oracle Spatial and Graph Special Interest Group
The North American Oracle Spatial and Graph SIG was formed to bring together the family of Oracle Spatial and Graph professionals to promote interaction and communication that can drive the market for spatial technology and data in the enterprise.
The SIG aims to:
- create a forum for the exchange of technical information and best practices
- encourage community members’ participation in industry events
- foster strategic and technical collaboration between the community and Oracle
IOUG Members: Log in to gain access to this IOUG community. Members have access to event information, as well as technical and networking resources.
Not an IOUG Member? Sign up today for IOUG membership so that you can gain access to this community.
What Can the Oracle Spatial and Graph SIG Offer You?
Check out this video with SIG Board Members Tracy McLane (Bechtel) and Nick Salem (Neustar). They discuss the technical information sharing and professional networking opportunities that the group supports via its online communities, as well as at annual events like OpenWorld and the Oracle Spatial Summit.
Latest News Items
June 24, 2016: Oracle Spatial Summit 2017: Call for Abstracts Now Open
The Spatial and Graph Special Interest Group (SIG) announces the call for abstracts for Oracle Spatial Summit 2017. Once again, we will partner with the BIWA team on this event.
Oracle Spatial Summit at BIWA 2017
January 31 – February 2, 2017
Oracle Conference Center at Oracle HQ Campus in Redwood Shores, CA
Our partnership with BIWA (the Business Intelligence, Warehousing, and Analytics SIG) gives attendees access to sessions on a wide range of topics. It also brings together a broad audience of technologists and business experts, making for one of the year’s most unique networking events.
The call for speakers is now open. Submit your abstract early!
We’re looking for innovative use cases for Oracle Spatial and Graph and MapViewer from your industry or business function. Example topics and themes include
- GIS in land management, utilities, transportation, public safety, and defense
- Location intelligence in BI for retail
- “Smart Cities”: 3D city modeling, renewable energy, and simulations
- Cloud computing
- IoT / telematics
- Big Data Spatial and Graph analysis (e.g., for social media, financial services, telco)
- BIM (GIS and BIM integration)
- RDF Semantic Graph technologies for linked open data
Abstracts will be accepted through October 1 at midnight Pacific. But don’t wait to submit; sessions are being accepted on a rolling basis and will be published early in the online agenda. Early acceptance sessions also may be featured in promotions leading up to the Summit.
Need more information?
Board of Directors
The 2016-2017 Board of Directors members are:
- Chair – Tracy McLane (Bechtel Corporation)
- Technical Chair – Nick Salem (Neustar)
- Business Leadership Chair – Michael Anderson (HERE)
- Communications Chair – Wayne Van Sluys (interRel Consulting Partners)
- Membership Chair – Dan Abugov (HERE)
- Oracle Representative – Jean Ihm (Oracle)
- Oracle Representative – Carol Palmer (Oracle)
- At-Large Member – Dennis Beck (Spatial Business Systems)
- At-Large Member – Steve MacCabe (Safe Software)