Welcome to the North American Oracle Spatial and Graph Special Interest Group
The North American Oracle Spatial and Graph SIG was formed to bring together the family of Oracle Spatial and Graph professionals to promote interaction and communication that can drive the market for spatial technology and data in the enterprise.
The SIG aims to:
- create a forum for the exchange of technical information and best practices
- encourage community members’ participation in industry events
- foster strategic and technical collaboration between the community and Oracle
IOUG Members: Log in to gain access to this IOUG community. Members have access to event information, as well as technical and networking resources.
Not an IOUG Member? Sign up today for IOUG membership so that you can gain access to this community.
What Can the Oracle Spatial and Graph SIG Offer You?
Check out this video with SIG Board Members Tracy McLane (Bechtel) and Nick Salem (Neustar). They discuss the technical information sharing and professional networking opportunities that the group supports via its online communities, as well as at annual events like OpenWorld and the Oracle Spatial Summit.
Latest News Items
February 5, 2016: Recapping Spatial Summit 2016: The 2016 Oracle Spatial Summit has wrapped up, and presentations are now being posted on the conference site. Pairing the Spatial Summit with the BIWA (Business Intelligence, Warehousing, and Analytics) Summit again this year gave attendees access to sessions on topics like Big Data, BI, Cloud Computing, and Data Warehousing/ETL. Our Spatial track included technical sessions, use cases, and a number of hands-on labs.
To view presentations from the conference:
- Visit the sessions page.
- Scroll to the Spatial and Graph section.
- Click “Details” next to a presentation title.
- If a session has been posted, you’ll be able to click the “Download File” button and view the presenter’s slides.
Information about the 2017 Summit will be available soon. Join our Google+ and LinkedIn groups to receive all of our updates:
Board of Directors
The 2015-2016 Board of Directors members are:
- Chair – Steve Pierce (Think Huddle)
- Vice Chair – Tracy McLane (Bechtel Corporation)
- Business Leadership Chair – Dan Abugov (HERE)
- Technical Chair – Nick Salem (Neustar)
- Communications Chair – Keith Bingham (Ball Aerospace)
- Oracle Liaison – Jean Ihm (Oracle)