Welcome to the North American Oracle Spatial and Graph Special Interest Group
The North American Oracle Spatial and Graph SIG was formed to bring together the family of Oracle Spatial and Graph professionals to promote interaction and communication that can drive the market for spatial technology and data in the enterprise.
The SIG aims to:
- create a forum for the exchange of technical information and best practices
- encourage community members’ participation in industry events
- foster strategic and technical collaboration between the community and Oracle
Log in to gain access to this IOUG community.
Not an IOUG Member?
Sign up today for IOUG membership so that you can gain access to this community.
Latest News Items:
Sept. 10, 2015: Oracle Spatial Summit at BIWA 2016: Submit Your Abstract and Register Soon!
Oracle Spatial Summit 2016 will be held at Oracle HQ in Redwood Shores, CA, in collaboration with BIWA Summit (Jan. 26-28, 2016).
This is the premier user event for Oracle’s spatial and mapping technologies, providing in-depth training straight from Oracle developers and attracting top customers and partners worldwide.
Deadlines for abstract submissions and early registrations are approaching! Act soon if you’d like to submit a session or sign up at this year’s lowest rates.
Call for Speakers – Submit Your Abstract by September 28
Do you have a use case to share with the community? We’re looking for innovative case studies highlighting Oracle’s spatial and mapping technologies. Whether you have an enterprise GIS, or are using 3D/LIDAR, raster, vector performance, or HTML5 mapping features—in industries from land management, transportation, and utilities to retail and finance—we want to hear your story.
Speakers are being selected on a rolling basis. Submit early for the best chance of acceptance. The deadline for the next round of submissions is September 28, 2015.
To view guidelines and submit your abstract, visit the Spatial Summit submission page.
Sessions Now Published
Sessions already selected for the agenda include:
- Technical Sessions from the Oracle Product Team:
- Best Practices, Tips, and Tricks with Oracle Spatial and Graph
- Raster Analysis and Processing with Oracle Spatial and Graph
- 3D Data Management - From Point Cloud to City Model
- Hands-On Labs:
- Applying Spatial Analysis to Big Data
- Interactive Map Visualization of Large Datasets in Analytic Applications
- Customer/Partner Sessions:
- Best Practices for Developing Geospatial Apps for the Cloud
- BI Movie Magic: Maps, Graphs, and BI Dashboards at AMC Theatres
Registration – Sign Up Soon for Early-Bird Rates
If you’ve attended the Summit in the past and know that you’ll want to attend again in 2016, now is the time to register. Early-bird rates are still in effect.
Check out the Summit site for registration information.
Check out our “Resources” area for information about Spatial and Graph, MapViewer, and OBIEE.
Check out the “Networking” page for LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter groups and feeds of interest to SIG members. The page also includes information about other user groups and professional organizations that are closely related to the Spatial and Graph community.
Board of Directors
The 2015-2016 Board of Directors members are: