Welcome to the North American Oracle Spatial and Graph Special Interest Group
The North American Oracle Spatial and Graph SIG was formed to bring together the family of Oracle Spatial and Graph professionals to promote interaction and communication that can drive the market for spatial technology and data in the enterprise.
The SIG aims to:
- create a forum for the exchange of technical information and best practices
- encourage community members’ participation in industry events
- foster strategic and technical collaboration between the community and Oracle
IOUG Members: Log in to gain access to this IOUG community. Members have access to event information, as well as technical and networking resources.
Not an IOUG Member? Sign up today for IOUG membership so that you can gain access to this community.
What Can the Oracle Spatial and Graph SIG Offer You?
Check out this video with SIG Board Members Tracy McLane (Bechtel) and Nick Salem (Neustar). They discuss the technical information sharing and professional networking opportunities that the group supports via its online communities, as well as at annual events like OpenWorld and the Oracle Spatial Summit.
Latest News Items
May 27, 2016: SIG Elections Start Soon / Reminder on Eligibility
The Oracle Spatial and Graph Special Interest Group (SIG) will soon open its 2016 call for nominations for Board of Directors members.
SIG Board members help facilitate communities on LinkedIn and Google+, plan SIG gatherings at national and regional events, and promote educational opportunities throughout the year.
If you’d like to take part in the nominations and voting: you MUST be an official member of IOUG and the Spatial and Graph SIG in order to participate.
Instructions on confirming your membership or joining are below. Please sign up soon – nominations will begin in early June!
- - - - - - - - - -
Think you’re already an official member?
Confirm your membership by doing the following:
1. Log in to IOUG’s site (upper right of this page).
2. After you’re logged in, go to the SIG page: http://www.ioug.org/sigs
3. Scroll down to “Spatial.”
-- If you’re already a member, a “Member” link will display.
-- If you’re an IOUG member but not yet a Spatial & Graph SIG member, click “Request to Join” next to Spatial.
Need to join?
Membership is FREE. Just follow these steps:
1. Visit IOUG’s membership page: http://www.ioug.org/p/cm/ld/fid=401
2. Select a membership type. (The FREE Associate membership is near the bottom of the page.)
3. Complete the enrollment process.
4. After you have an IOUG login, go to the SIG page: http://www.ioug.org/sigs
5. Scroll down to “Spatial.”
6. Click “Request to Join” next to Spatial.
- - - - - - - - - -
Board of Directors
The 2015-2016 Board of Directors members are:
- Chair – Steve Pierce (Think Huddle)
- Vice Chair – Tracy McLane (Bechtel Corporation)
- Business Leadership Chair – Dan Abugov (HERE)
- Technical Chair – Nick Salem (Neustar)
- Communications Chair – Keith Bingham (Ball Aerospace)
- Oracle Liaison – Jean Ihm (Oracle)