Do you say Webcast or Webinar?
Or is it TechCast, or simply Online Event? You’ll see them all here because IOUG draws speakers, experts and presenters from all over the place (and they can call their events whatever they like). What they have in common, though, is professionalism, passion and a goal of bringing you smart and actionable information you can use right away. Whether registering for an upcoming event or looping back to check out ones you missed, you've come to the right place for all things Oracle.
FREE – Membership not required!
IOUG Oracle EM SIG Techcast: Simplifying Database Performance Analysis using Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c to Monitor Database & Storage Together
Wednesday, Apr 23, 2014 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM CST
Oracle Database Administrators have traditionally been challenged in analyzing performance across the infrastructure layers. It’s not uncommon to have meetings with all the infrastructure owners to determine the source of the performance bottleneck. This impacts the business as performance might remain an issue until the infrastructure owners examine their respective areas of ownership.
Through this session:
• Attendees will learn about the solutions which provide the ability to inspect database and storage performance together in a holistic approach to performance remediation.
• We will show performance scenarios related to tuning the Oracle database with different storage options showing how the DBA can pro-actively remediate issue(s). (Ex. How a DBA can determine if storage or the database or perhaps both are impacting application performance. )
• Attendees will have an understanding of how to accelerate performance remediation.
Featured Speaker: Sam Lucido, Oracle Technical Marketing Manager, EMC
| Register Here |
Cloud Computing SIG Techcast: Database as a Service (DBaaS): How to Create a Database Cloud Service Catalog
Tuesday, May 6, 2014 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM CST
The evolution from traditional IT silos to a service-oriented cloud environment involves several steps. The first step is to identify the essential services that IT will provide. Then, rationalize the variety of vendor and technology components supporting the current estate to a standardized and manageable set. By reducing complexity and increasing standardization, IT is able to more efficiently consolidate workloads, automate more processes and deliver services faster, all with lower risk and costs. The Service Catalog is the essential medium for presenting standard service offerings to consumers, and documenting how they are delivered and managed.
At the conclusion of this webinar you will understand:
• the benefits of presenting and documenting IT services in a service catalog;
• the proper structure of the components of a service catalog;
• how to create an effective business catalog to deliver DBaaS to consumers;
• how to map business-level objectives to a technical catalog.
In this webcast, the concepts will be illustrated with customer use case examples. A catalog of standardized Oracle Database service offerings will also be presented. Enterprises may adopt or adapt this catalog to deliver Oracle Database services in a private cloud.
Featured Speakers: Michael Timpanaro-Perrotta and Burt Clouse of Oracle Corporation
| Register Here |
Miss one? Watch IOUG Webcasts On-Demand for FREE! (Membership not required.)